So it's been a bit over 6 years since we've been to Vegas, over 4 years since we've flown away and spent more than one night away from the boys, and 3 months since I've seen my sister. All in all, time to get away. The grandmas generously offered to watch the boys, with gram Vicky taking time off of work for us.
We flew in early friday morning and stayed at the Imperial Palace. Definitely not the Ritz but what more do you need than a bed and a shower? Bed? check. Shower? check check. And the bonus was a pool. I so very much miss the sunshine. I could have stayed poolside until the sun went down at night. We actually moved our seats a couple of times chasing our way out of the shade. I forget how much being here can be depressing. I love being around my family and friends but I certainly miss how much the sun can change my mood.
We sunbathed, we gambled, we ATE, we saw Mystere, we laughed, we barely slept, and we were just tourists. We walked around holding hands and just hung out. I really needed to just have time with my husband. Life has been non-stop and it can be with three boys and baseball season starts tomorrow night and our time together will again be limited. You go this way and I'll go that way. See you tonight. Who are you taking in your car? Such is the life of parents. But it was a saving grace to have 4 days of not being a parent. i wouldn't trade my boys for anything but sure do appreciate the break every once in a while!
1 comment:
What a nice break! Cody and I saw Mystere when we were in Vegas! So fun!
Post a Comment