Monday, October 27, 2008










So, nearly every year for the last 15 years we have carved pumpkins. It started because mom really likes to carve pumpkins. This year we had 25 or so people join us. It's so much fun to lay the tarp out all over the living room floor and not have to worry so much about where the "goop" is going to go! Jack had Jen cut out his pumpkin to look like Lightning McQueen (surprise! surprise!), Keegan and Konley both had faces and so did mom. I turned mine on its side and used the stem for the nose. It looks pretty cool during the daytime but once it's dark and the light is on the inside he just looks like I forgot to help him breath! Oh well, live and learn.
I can't believe that it is nearly Halloween already. I am so not ready for the warm weather to be gone and the blah!@! to move in. I love living here but could really do with a bit more sun for a bit longer in the year. I have already worn both my long underwear and my tights. (Of course, 8 am soccer games don't help either.)
My job this week is to finish up costumes. Jack is going to be Racer X from Speed Racer, Konley is a professional soccer player from Spain and Keegan in Brom a character from the Eragon series. (we found the coolest leather coat at Wal-Mart of all places that fits perfectly with his outfit......thank goodness cuz this was one that I had no idea where to even start).
Have a great week!




1 comment:

D said...

I know this amazing place that gets extremely little rain all year and the sun is out about 300 days out of 365....

carving looked like fun!!
D

Followers