Friday, February 19, 2010








So this is how we began. The large window upstairs is our room. The three windows downstairs is a family room.








This is the new family room. It looks out on the sport court. Has a slider to the left and a 6' wide opening and room for the boys and all of their toys.









This is the coolest part. At least i think. Our new room. We have 5 people, and only 3 rooms, until now. Now we have a room for everyone. Keegan will have ours, just 3 feet shorter for the new hallway. Konley will have theirs, and Jack will not move. Though I will get to clean his room, since Jeff's dresser has been in it for a few months.
We got carpet today too. THey just finished installing it. Still smells like a hot glue gun up there. But I have carpet. ANd as soon as I have baseboards we will move. I AM SO EXCITED! It's been a long 6 months. I, stupidly, thought we might be done around Christmas. Think again.
My husband has done an amazing job! People have come out of the woodwork to help us. We weren't sure we were even going to be able finish, just have to wait until we could make some more money and pay as we go. We have had electricians for free, my dad & Bob hung all the drywall, dad's from soccer have helped us with the mud 'n' tape 'n' texture and all of the trim, doors and baseboards. I didn't even know that all of these people did these things.
God has blessed us. He has given us so much more than we ever expected and I can only be grateful. Thank you to Him and to all of those who have helped us.





No comments:

Followers